Comment on page
Integrate Leap wallet
This guide provides a step-by-step process for integrating the Leap Wallet into your DApp. Leap Wallet allows your DApp to interact with user accounts, manage transactions.
- An existing DApp or a setup to create one.
- Leap Wallet extension installed in your browser.
- 1.Install the Leap Extension: Ensure that the Leap Wallet extension is installed in your web browser.
const leapProvider = window.leap;
- 1.Fetching User Account Details: Utilize the
leapProvider.getKey(chainID)method to obtain the user’s account information. This should be called when the application mounts. Example:
- 2.Handling Wallet Changes: Set up an event listener for account changes. When the event triggers, call the
getKeymethod again to update the user account details in your DApp.
- 1.Setting Up CosmJS: If using CosmJS, initialize it to handle transaction signing. Ensure it's compatible with different wallet types, including hardware wallets.
- 2.Sign Transactions: Utilize the
getOfflineSignerAutomethod for transaction signing. This method automatically determines the correct signer type based on the connected wallet.
- 1.Reviewing Transactions: When a transaction is initiated, Leap will prompt the user to review it. Users can adjust transaction fees and broadcasting modes.
- 2.Handling Transaction Approval/Rejection: Implement error handling for rejected transactions. For approved transactions, capture the signed transaction data for broadcasting.
- 1.Sign Arbitrary Data: Use the
signArbitrarymethod for off-chain purposes like user authentication.
- 2.Delegate Broadcasting: Optionally, delegate transaction broadcasting to Leap Wallet using appropriate methods.
- 3.Check Wallet Connection: Implement a method to check the wallet’s connection status and display relevant UI elements.
- 1.Adding New Chains: Use the
suggestChainmethod to add unsupported blockchain networks to Leap Wallet. Provide necessary details like RPC endpoints and coin types.
- 2.Chain Integration: Test the integration by performing transactions or fetching account details on the newly added chain.
- 1.Testing: Thoroughly test each functionality, especially transaction signing and account synchronization.
- 2.Deployment: Once testing is complete, deploy your DApp with Leap Wallet integration.
Integrating Leap Wallet enhances your DApp’s functionality by enabling robust user account management and transaction handling. Follow this guide to ensure a smooth integration process.